- Make sure everyone is familiar with and understands the term private fostering and understands their responsibilities regarding safeguarding.
- When a child is being registered at a GP practice or school ask them what their relationship is to the carer. Remember 'aunty' can be used as a colloquial term and may not mean blood relative.
- If you think you have identified a private fostering arrangement speak to the families who might be involved and ask the private foster carer and parent (or person with parental responsibility, if details known) to notify us.
- Let the private foster carer and parent (or person with parental responsibility, if details known) know that you will also need to inform us.
- Ensure school admission policy and practice is robust and that evidence of a child's identity and the person with parental responsibility or relationship are seen.
Inform us by calling 0191 433 2653.