The Safeguarding Adults Champion scheme provides a link between the Safeguarding Adults Board and our voluntary, community and statutory services in Gateshead.
What is a Safeguarding Adults Champion?
Safeguarding Adults Champions are named individuals within organisations that operate in Gateshead.
Gateshead Safeguarding Adults Champions will be responsible for:
- raising awareness about Safeguarding Adults within their organisation
- ensuring that all staff, volunteers and service users within their organisation are aware of the Gateshead Multi-agency safeguarding adult policies and procedures
- disseminating updates on key legislation, policies, training and other information
- being a single point of contact within your organisation for Safeguarding Adults information and advice
Champions do not need to be managers - champions can be managers, front line practitioners or volunteers.
Champions do not need to be an expert in Safeguarding Adults before signing up.
What can a Safeguarding Adults Champion expect?
Champions will be supported by the Gateshead Safeguarding Adults Board.
Champions can expect:
- bespoke awareness raising sessions
- invitation to an annual Safeguarding Adults Champions event
- information regarding learning and training opportunities
- regular Safeguarding Adults updates