Complaints about Gateshead Local Safeguarding Children Board

If you have a then you should talk to someone immediately.

You can make any complaint or concern about the board functions to the independent chair of the board in writing. The Independent chair will then give due consideration and take any remedial action necessary.

The independent chair can be contacted at:

Independent chair of LSCB
Safeguarding Business Unit
Civic Centre 

Or email Local Safeguarding Childrens Board Business Manager

The board has a role in co-ordinating and ensuring the effectiveness of local individuals' and organisations' work to safeguard and promote the welfare of children. It is not accountable for their operational work. Any complaints about the operational work of any of our partners should initially be directed through their own complaints procedures. 

Further information on the objectives and functions of the board visit Working Together to Safeguard Children (2015) - Chapter 3.

Complaints in relation to child protection conference procedure has more information about the rights of parents/carers and children (if of sufficient age and understanding) to complain about the process of child protection conferences or appeal against a conference decision.

Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon email icon


print icon