This Privacy Notice explains how the LSCB uses and shares personal information for training purposes. This notice will be reviewed and updated annually or earlier if necessary to comply with changes in the law.
Who we are and what we do
Gateshead LSCB is a statutory body established under the Children Act 2004. It is a partnership of local agencies which is independently chaired and consists of senior representatives of all the key organisations that work together to safeguard and promote the welfare or children and young people in County Gateshead. Support is provided to the LSCB by a dedicated Business Unit.
Gateshead Local Safeguarding Children Board (LSCB) has a responsibility to consider the monitoring and effectiveness of training, including multi‐agency training, for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, to maintain our accounts and records and to support and manage our employees.
The following organisations are partners in the Gateshead Local Safeguarding Children Board.
- LSCB Business Unit (including the Independent Chair of the LSCB)
- Gateshead Council
- Public Health
- Northumbria Police
- National Probation Service
- National Offender Management Service
- Community Rehabilitation Company
- Children and Family Court Advisory and Support Service (Cafcass)
- Clinical Commissioning Groups
- South Tyneside Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Northumberland Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust
- Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust
- NHS England
- Representations from Gateshead Jewish schools
- Headteachers of Maintained schools
- Director of further education institution
- Lay Members of the LSCB
- Voluntary and community sector
The type of personal information we collect and how we collect it
We may collect the following types of information
- your name
- your work address,
- your date of birth
- your email and contact telephone number
- your payroll number
- your manager's name, job title and contact details
How we collect your personal data
- we collect your personal data by using
- contact via telephone or email
- paper and electronic forms
- visits and discussions with you and others who may know you
Reasons we can collect and use your personal information
We must have a lawful basis for us to obtain and share personal information. If we need to we will do so for one of the following reasons ‐
The processing of your personal data is necessary for us to perform a task in the public interest or for your official functions, and the task or function has a clear basis in law.
How we use your personal information
The purpose of the processing is the collection, processing and storage of information relating to staff and volunteers within the workforce in Gateshead. This will include:
The information we have collected will be used for the following purposes:
- monitoring of uptake and completion of training;
- to provide training through virtual college who are our on‐line training provider;
- for the production of annual reports;
- to manage and administer your account and provide you with bills and statements;
- to deal with any problems or complaints that arise in relation to your account;
- and analysis purposes (anonymised) to help improve the operation of our service.
Sharing your personal information
The LSCB will share data and information with the relevant host agencies of staff and Virtual College. Any information shared is managed in accordance with relevant privacy and data protection legislation.
Keeping your personal information secure
The security of your personal information is important to us. This is why we follow a range of security policies and procedures to control and safeguard access to and use of your personal information.
Anyone who receives information from us is also under a legal duty to only use the information for the purposes agreed and keep the information secure and confidential.
Virtual College are compliant with the General Data Protection Regulations and have polices in place regarding the collection and processing of data.
How long your personal information will be kept
After we deliver a service to you, we keep your information as a business record of what was delivered.
We do not process your personal data outside of the EU
Marketing (if applicable)
At no time will your information be passed to organisations external to us and our partners for marketing or sales purposes or for any commercial use without your prior express consent.
Your information rights
It is important to us that you understand that your Information Rights are set out in the law and, subject to some legal exceptions, you have the right to:
- to have any inaccuracies corrected;
- to have your personal data erased;
- to place a restriction on our processing of your data;
- to object to processing; and
- to request your data made available to someone else.
If you wish to exercise your information rights, please contact us at SafeguardingBoardsBusinessUnit@Gateshead.Gov.UK or alternatively write to:
Safeguarding Business Unit
You also have the right to request a copy of the personal information the LSCB holds about you. To do this, you can apply on line or download an application form from Gateshead Council website
If you would like to learn more about these rights you can access further information from the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) website.
We try to make sure we apply the best standards to protecting your personal information. If something goes wrong with your personal information, or you have questions about how we process your data, please contact us at SafeguardingBoardsBusinessUnit@Gateshead.Gov.UK or by calling 0191 433 8010.
If we have not been able to deal with your complaint, you can also contact the Information Commissioner's Office
Information Commissioner's Office
Telephone: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745
Fax: 01625 524 510